|About | News | Download | Support | How to contribute | Developer Resources | Project page | Credits|
ZynAddSubFX is a fully featured open source software synthesizer capable of making a countless number of instruments, from some common heard from expensive hardware to interesting sounds that you'll boost to an amazing universe of sounds.
Features of ZynAddSubFX:
- Realtime synth
- Polyphonic synth (allows playing more than one note at once)
- Multitimbral synth (allows playing more than one instrument at once)
- Microtonal capabilities with any scale, up to 128 notes per octave, and key mapping
- Three synthesizer engines:
- ADD synth is a complex engine which makes sounds by adding a number of voices. Each one has filters, envelopes, LFOs, morphing, modulation (Ring Modulation, Phase Modulation... the modulators can have any shape), resonance, etc. Each voice includes a very powerful waveform generator with up to 128 sine/non-sine harmonics. You can use Fourier synthesis or if you don't like it you can wave-shaping/filtering of functions. This engine includes anti-aliasing.
- SUB synth is a simple engine which makes sounds through subtraction of harmonics from white noise
- PAD synth is an engine that makes very beautiful pads and other instruments. (these instruments can be exported for use with other programs too)
- Legato, Poly, and Mono modes
- Instruments can be organized in kits, which allows you to make drum kits or layered(mixed) instruments; this makes possible to use more than one instrument for a single part. It is possible to choose what items from the kit should be processed by the Part's effects.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus/Flange, Phaser, AlienWah (it's a kind of vocal morpher), Distortion(Wave-shaping), EQ, DynamicFilter
- Flexible effect routing via System Effects, Insertion Effects, and Instrument Effects.
- Filters up to 60dB/octave (or more..); filters can be analogic (LPF,HPF, BPF,etc.), formant(advanced formant filters) and state variable (SVF)
- Envelopes can have ADSR (or ASR, etc..) modes or can be free modes (with any shape)
- Many settings have a "randomness" option, which you can make instruments that every time produces a subtle different sound; this produces a very pleasant effect (like analogue synths or natural instruments that can't produces exactly same sound twice). Because of this, even if it is digital synthesis, it sounds "warm". Listen the ogg vorbis demos from this page to hear this effect.
- Midi support and JACK support
- A built-in Virtual Keyboard which let you to use it even if you don't have a real midi keyboard
- The graphical user interface can be completely disabled if the user need so
- It is a free program, licensed under version 2 of the GNU General Public License
- LASH/NSM support
- DSSI/LV2/VST audio plugin support
- Over 1100 high quality instruments included
Audio demos (OGGvorbis):
All these demos are recorded directly from the ZynAddSubFX without audio processing with another program (well, except cutting/ OGG Vorbis compressing).Demo01.ogg(190k) Demo02.ogg(150k) Demo03.ogg(105k) Demo04.ogg(190k) Demo05.ogg(170k) Demo06.ogg(50k) Demo07.ogg(80k) Demo08.ogg(65k)